- 400 g rice
- 2 L of mussels
- 1 dl dry white wine
- 30g butter
- 6 large prawns
- 100g of peeled shrimp
- 200g chorizo
- 200 g squid rings
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1 large onion
- 5 tomatoes, peeled and crushed
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 dose of saffron
- 4 tablespoons olive oil "Soleil de Carthage"
- Wash the mussels. Throw them in a large pan with the white wine and butter. Let them open up to high heat.
- Set aside the mussels and dip the prawns 4-5 minutes in the cooking liquid.
- Add a little water if necessary to cover up. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips and fry them in a pan. Set aside.
- Melt gently in a little olive oil an pepper cut into thin slices and previously chopped onion (7-8 minutes).
- Fry the rice in this mixture with 200 g of sliced chorizo.
- Melt 5 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped 5 minutes with garlic, thyme and bay leaf. Add them to the rice.
- Then wet the rice with the the cooking liquid. Fill with hot water (the liquid volume must be double that of rice).
- Add a dose of saffron, pepper , cook for 20-25 minutes. The rice should absorb the liquid. Add the peas.
- When cooked, add the shrimp rice to heat, 2/3 shucked mussels, calamari, and fried chicken strips.
- Place on the paella the prawns and the remaining mussels. Serve.