Salad Méchouia (grilled)
- 2kg sweet green peppers
- 500g tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can of tuna in oil
- 25g of stoned black olives
- 25g of stoned green olives
- "Le Soleil de Carthage" olive oil
- Grill in the oven the sweet green peppers and the tomatoes on an aluminum plate, on a a 200°C temperature, for about 10 minutes. Leave the tomatoes drain in a strainer while peeling off the peppers.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise to remove the seeds. Skin the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Chop the peppers. Mash the tomatoes and the peppers with a pestle.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them. Add them to the tomatoes and peppers mixture. Season the Salad mechouia with olive oil, caraway and salt. Mix well.
- Boil the eggs in salted water for about 12 minutes then peel and cut them into small pieces.
- Present the salad in a decorative dish, and garnish with the crumbled tuna, the chopped black and green olives, and the eggs. In the end, add "Le Soleil de Carthage" Olive Oil.
- The salad can also be garnished with some mozzarella cheese.